Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Juicy June~

I think this is going to be a very abundant year in the gardens.

The plants are beautiful and healthy-

Herbs are flowing from the beds into the walking paths.

And....today I gathered a large basket of Apricots from our own tree !

This is the first year for any of the fruit trees to bear ...peaches are plentiful, slower in growing than the apricots.

The June apple tree is over-loaded....I dry these little goodies for my grandsons to snack on. And, they make awesome apple-sauce.

So far, no pest....I'm grateful~
~Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet picture of your grandchildren. June is a great month. I bet that apple sauce is delicious. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Hope you can stop by and visit me too and follow me.
Have a great day,
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

BeaK. said...

Thanks Janet,

The boys are a huge part of my "bliss" for sure.

Yes, the little June apples does render delicious sauce.

I will visit your creative pillow blog and looking forward to it.

Have a safe and fun weekend~

Greatvictories said...

Yummy, dried apples and homemade apple sauce. Makes my mouth water...Praising God with you on such a wonderful crop this year.
I love the picture of the kids at the tree.