Saturday, January 28, 2006

February-the Month for Love.





February puts us one month closer to spring, that's something to love!
February is the month of love...we perk up at the thought of that beautiful box of our favorite sweet treat or our most desired goodie, be it jewels, furs, cars, a trip maybe?

Well, you are going to laugh when I tell you what I would like from my sweetie.
Books....some new and updated books on herbs and organic foods. Not that I don't have books already, a few dozen, maybe more...but I want new ones, that's not asking too much, is it? And of course anything else he opts to add to my request is just ok with me.

We worked outside in the "bog" today...lovely day in Tennessee, sun was shining, I actually had to remove my jacket after about an hour.

In the "bog" (a low section of the farm with a very large natural rock formation.)
I'm planning to put swamp ferns and honeysuckle along with some other wild plants so graciously given to me by my friend Annie, from Georgia.

The "bog" is a haven for frogs and turtles and Mr. Tigger(above) (resident mouser)he keeps all the field mice away. Thank you Mr.Tigger!

Until next time, be well and stay safe.

Bea Kunz
http://www.sagehillfarmsandvintagestore.com

2 comments:

Claudia Meydrech said...

Oh my, my mother also has a cat named Tigger with the same coloring. She has an extra toe on each foot...I'm told that cats with an extra toe were especially desireable in ships by a cat fancier. Glad she is helping you with the mice!! Claudia :-)
happynutritionist.com

BeaK. said...

Claudia, that is too cool!
Your moms "Tigger" must be a very special kitty.

In people the extra toes and fingers are said to be a sign of a greater learning capability.

My best friend in Jr.high and high school had 6 fingers and 6 toes on each hand and foot, as did her father.
They both had another physcial difference. They did not develope the part of the leg from the knee to the foot. This of course made them very short and very bow-legged.
He was a very successful business man for his time and place and my friend went on to become a very successful business woman.
She was a great inspiration to me as a young girl, watching her struggle to be a part of things and groups that did not always welcome her in the kindest of ways
taught me a life long lesson on the importance of being kind and just what a strong determination can lead us through.
She was and still is, one of my greatest role models.

So, I'm sure your moms "Tigger" is a little smarter than your average kitty!

Bea Kunz