Saturday, July 11, 2009

Salads To Love~

Raw foods are high in fiber which has a cleansing effect.

They are also loaded with enzymes and healing compounds that have anti-inflammatory effects.

One easy way to eat raw on a regular basis is with salads designed around vegetables.

If you have a salad with 6 or 7 different vegetables every day you will be healthier for the doing so.

One of my favorites:

Shredded carrots, beets, red cabbage, yellow peppers, kale, arugula and squash.
A cucumber is good too.
Dress with extra virgin olive oil...which flushes the gallbladder and keeps the intestines lubricated.

EatWell-BeWell~

Bea Kunz

1 comment:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Bea,
Thanks for your nice email. I'm up past my bedtime, but I've bookmarked your blog and want to come back. I grow lots of herbs, but don't always make the best use of some of them.

I prefer most herbs fresh, too. I try to keep some in pots over the winter in my garden window.