Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Rituals~


~

Turkey is a staple on many Thanksgiving tables, ours included.

Stuffing made from cornbread, onion, sage, and other goodies according to likes and dislikes. I love apples in my dressing , or oysters, or Cajun sausage. Actually this year I'm doing it with shrimp and baked inside a nice fat pumpkin.

Many of the standard rituals around food have changed a lot over the years.
Mostly because we have become more aware of a healthier eating style, and partly because the choices in foods have changed.

We live in the country and this time of year we have at least one family of wild turkey that keep coming back for bits of leftovers in the garden...bugs, etc.

I wonder if they are aware that their relatives will be the main attraction on many dining tables in just a few days.

Natures balance is awesome.

Today I am thankful for choices~

Bea Kunz
http://www.sagehillfarmsandvintagestore.com

No comments: