Friday, December 04, 2009

Day 20~Blogging With Susan Loughrin~


Reflecting on a childhood memory and connecting it to what I am and do today,isn't a stretch for me.

I had a great-grandmother that was devoted to herbal and nature, both for food and for medicine.

I so recall the wonderful aroma and taste of Sassafras Tea.

We drank it a lot for medicinal benefits, and often as a special treat.

If you have ever drank Root beer then you know the taste of Sassafras.

I grew up with herbs, the knowledge of the good they possess, and the desire to share that with others.

I have become my mother, my grandmother, and I think that is a very good thing ~

I tip my tea cup to you~

Bea Kunz

3 comments:

Susan said...

Perfect!
Sassafrass...love saying those sounds,too!
Susan

Debbie's L'Bri said...

You were very lucky to have family that believes in Gods medicines. Since I have been using them, I am sick a lot less then when I was a child.

I always liked A&W Rootbeet. I would like someday to have homemade rootbeer.

Greatvictories said...

You are truly a living example of carrying on your mother and grandmothers way of life using God's creation to better your life and health.