Friday, December 07, 2007

Hot Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Herbed Mayonnaise from Sage Hill Farms

I know you thought turkey talk was over, but just one last delicious recipe for those slabs of left over turkey.

This is so tasty after a long cold day of shopping- or-digging in the winter garden. ( it does happen)

6 slices of buttered whole-wheat bread
Sliced cold, cooked turkey
6 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices crisp bacon
6 large hard-cooked eggs, sliced

Salt to taste ( real or pink salt)
Freshly ground black pepper

Herbed Mayonnaise (Sage Hill Farms own recipe)

Will serve 6 people

Have all ingredients cold.

Place on each slice of buttered bread in the order listed.
Turkey, cheese, bacon, 1 sliced hard cooked egg.
Sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.

Top each with 1 TBSP Herbed Mayonnaise.

Brown under the broiler

Serve piping hot.

Herbed Mayonnaise Recipe:

Mix 1/2 cup real mayonnaise with 1/2 tsp Poultry seasoning ( Sage Hill Farms)
1 TBSP capers
1/2 tsp dried minced onion

( makes 1-3/4 cups-store in the frig.)

Yummy!

Have a Divine December weekend!

Bea Kunz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bea,

I have a friend who likes the Thanksgiving leftovers more than the meal on Thanksgiving day. I've watched him strip down a turkey after the meal, knowing precisely what concoctions he will be making in the days to come.

I teased him when we talked on Thanksgiving day, reminding him that it's possible to cook a turkey at other times of the year. He insisted it just wasn't the same. :-)

Gobble, gobble,
Jeanie Marshall
http://www.jmviews.com

BeaK. said...

That's my hubby to a "T"...
I wouldn't dream of discarding any part of "the" bird that can be recycled into a tasty left-over dish.

I must admit the left overs seem to get my attention more than the main affair.

I do enjoy a hot sandwich, and this one is rather tasty.

I usually revert to a vegetable diet after the holidays for a month or so.

I like meats, but not a lot on a regular basis. Holidays seem to bring it in "lots."

Thanks Jeanie,
Always good to hear from you!

Bea