Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 15-30 Days Of Blogging with Susan Loughrin~

Oh Susan, this is so fun !

There is an old song that has been done by many...but I believe the original was by Billie Holiday.

Don't want to break any copyright laws so credit goes to Larry Spier Music LLC.

Words....

The bird in feathers of blue
Is waiting for you
Back in your own backyard
You'll see castles in Spain
Through your window pane
Back in your own backyard

Oh you can go to the East
You can go the West
But someday you'll come weary at heart
Back where you started from...
You'll find your happiness lies
Right under your eyes
back in your own backyard.

I tried to find it but no luck.

I connected with this song a lot after I retired from education.
Thinking of returning to my roots of farming and how I had always missed those
years of my life, I actually sang this for months before making the final leap.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Bea Kunz

No comments: